You know in your heart you’ve got something really special and the world needs to know about it. You feel the energy and excitement rising within you when you vision your idea out in the world in big ways.
And, when your passionate project or idea DOESN’T get seen or paid attention to, it can feel incredibly frustrating, as if you threw a big party and nobody came.
Visibility, unfortunately, doesn’t happen automatically just because you have a great idea. Visibility requires Revolutionary Energy.
What is Revolutionary Energy?
Revolutionary Energy is radically new or innovative; it’s outside or beyond the established procedures; it’s bold, and it’s what allows you to think for yourself and to think in ways you haven’t yet been taught to think.
We all need it at one point or another in our lives and work. You need Revolutionary energy in order to get out of a stuck pattern, make a splash and get your supervisor’s attention, get your business seen and desired, attract visibility to your book.
Yet so many folks find Revolutionary Energy so difficult to access. Why?Because we get stuck in the “norm”, and in our “shoulds” and “have to”s.
I want to teach you how you can do it ease-fully. Here are my 3 top tools for activating Revolutionary energy in your life:
1. Create Authentic and Out-of-the-box “Marketing” Ideas
When I say “marketing” ideas, I mean anything from actually marketing your business or book, to marketing yourself to get a job in a new organization or a promotion in your current office, to drawing attention to yourself in the realm of relationships and dating. If you’ve got a great idea, it’s important that you let others know about it in fun, new, unusual or authentic ways so that you capture their focus and draw them in.
Examples of authentic or out-of-the-box marketing ideas include:
• Hand-written, heart-centered thank you notes after job interviews or follow-up notes after meeting a prospect at a networking meeting
• Giving away gift certificates every 30 minutes of a Teleclass
• Completely breaking form in a promotional email to your community and including a collage of pictures, words, and sound
2. Be Bold & Persistent When it Comes to Spreading the Word
Have you ever heard of an apologetic revolutionary? Not a chance! When you begin to really put yourself or your message out there, it is pretty likely that fear is going to come up. But fear is always part of the process of growing, stretching, and becoming more visible. Being bold involves following up or asking why you didn’t get something you wanted – like following up with a prospective client, or someone you are interested in partnering with. Being bold means asking again or attempting to understand why you didn’t get the result you wanted.
In order to activate your revolutionary boldness, it’s important that you get really clear for yourself on your fears around putting yourself “out there” and standing up strong for yourself and whatever you want to be seen. Once you identify those fears, you can begin to build confidence around them so that it becomes easy-breezy to make the requests that you want and the follow-ups that are necessary.
3. Walk Your Talk: Whatever it is that you want to bring visibility to – yourself, your business, your artwork, your conference – you need to believe in it passionately, and live the principles behind it in your own life. If you aren’t confident in your idea, and put it to use in your own life, then others won’t be confident in it either. The more walk your talk, the more your revolutionary energy will come through, and the more visibility you’ll create.