We’re gearing up around here for the start of tomorrow’s Blog Summit which leads into my big event the Gratitude Project: an all day virtual community event on November 18th that celebrates gratitude! This event is free and I can’t wait for you to register! Honestly, I can’t think of a better way to get into the appreciative mood than with this post from Jenny Fenig! She’s a new friend of mine and I am so excited to share her post with you because it’s all about learning to appreciate yourself in your own skin! Jenny is an expert at empowering women to go after what they most want in life and in their work. Learn more about Jenny, her programs, products and retreats at www.jennyfenig.com. Her newest creation, the Gutsy Goddess Society, a sparkly community for gutsy gals living life on purpose, is sure to set the world on fire. . You can grab your free membership in the Gutsy Goddess Society here.
Get Naked: How to Feel Comfortable in Your Own Skin
By Jenny Fenig
When was the last time you felt totally comfortable in your own skin and liberated in your body? Yesterday? Last month? Last year? Last decade?
For some of you, it’s been way, way too long.
Do you ever dream of dancing on a table, going into a sauna with no clothes on, or expressing yourself creatively without inhibitions? Sensual self-expression is good for the soul. It’s healthy. It’s necessary. It’s how you share your voice with the world.
Sensuality is an inner glow. It’s your own personal fire that can be nurtured and stoked. It can grow when you bring your awareness to it.
And know this: when you ignore or suppress your sensual self-expression, a piece of you dies. Yes, your voice stays locked away nice and tight. Your truth is denied. It hurts. And do you know what’s worse? When you keep your sensual self-expression locked away, you also deny spreading your magic and your gift with the people you are meant to serve. These peeps need you.
Ready to make a change?
“Sensual self-expression is a woman’s birthright.” – Charlotte Rose
Starting now, you are going to reach down deep inside to bring out the essence of your sensual self. This is gonna be good …
So I’m a big fan of women calling upon Goddesses to teach them how to live powerful, kick-a** lives. You can learn a lot from these wise women. And you can realize you are a Goddess too … so start acting like one (for help with this, grab your free membership in the Gutsy Goddess Society, a sparkly online community for gutsy gals living life on purpose). Makes life a ton more fun and magical. You’ll see.
Let’s call on a super-cool, gorgeous Goddess named Oshun. She is all about bringing out your sensuality and appreciating yourself. She’s a major love goddess. Oshun is awesome.
You’re going to get naked with Oshun. Yup, it’s time to strip away the layers to truly get comfortable in your own skin. Then, and only then, will you get closer to living your truth, speaking your truth, and being the sensual woman you are meant to be.
As a coach and mentor to gutsy gals living life on purpose, my style of guidance and support is all about inspiration in action … so I’m giving you an assignment that will rock your world. Excited? Good! Me too.
Create a Private “Get Naked” Ritual with Oshun as Your Goddess Guide
- Dance! (And dance some more!). Pick a time when you know you will be undisturbed. Then, put on some amazing tunes and dance your booty off. It doesn’t matter if you think you can dance or not … just start moving your hips and your arms to the beat of the music. Release all inhibitions and dance just like you did when you were a little girl. Dance like no one is watching and have a ball. Seriously, tear it up like you are a dancing queen.
- Make your space sensual. After you’ve worked up a sweat dancing like a dancing goddess queen, turn down the upbeat tunes, pick more chilled out tunes, dim the lights and light a candle.
- Get naked. Yup, take it off. It’s time to strip away the layers and look at yourself – without judgment – in the mirror. Notice all of you features, including the areas you normally don’t look it. Admire how beautiful your body is. The more you can begin to focus on seeing your most beautiful self, the more beautiful you will become. Truly. If you have been critical of yourself in the past, it’s time to change that old habit. Now you’re going to recognize that criticism as a distorted image of yourself based on untrue beliefs about what is beautiful. You are beautiful. Believe this and your world will change.
- Hello, beautiful. Look into your eyes in the mirror and say these three words: You are beautiful. Then smile. Then wink at yourself. Then smile again.
- You’ve been promoted. Now it’s time to give yourself a new, fabulous nickname that captures your newfound sensual identity. Have fun with this. Get wild, gutsy and spunky. Maybe you are the Glowing Goddess or the Queen of Pleasure or the Hot Mama or the Goddess of Adventurous Passion.
Alrighty, it’s high time you love yourself all over! Be grateful for your gifts. Be grateful for your battle scars, your wounds, your past. EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) has led you to this point of you reading this at this very moment. We are supposed to be connected like this. Woo hoo!
My friend, you are supposed to be here. You are supposed to shimmer, shine, rock, roll.
Say yes to life. Say yes to you.